It features 3 stars and a sun, a horizontal flag bi-color with equal bands of royal blue and scarlet, and with a white, equilateral triangle at the hoist. In the center of the triangle is a golden-yellow sun with eight primary rays, each representing a Philippine province. It may formed as a Battle & State flag.
- Red - Bravery or War
- Blue - Peace
- White - Cleanliness
- 3 Stars - Islands on the Philippines (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao)
- The Eight Rays of the Sun - Provinces which fought for freedom (Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Pampanga, Tarlac, Laguna, Batangas, Nueva Ecija)
Do's and Dont's Edit
You need to respect the Philippine Flag according to Republic Act 8491
- If you wear scouting, military and police uniform, salute to the Flag
- Put your hand in your right breast to salute.
- It must be displayed at the Government Buildings, School, National Places.
- Do not use it as decoration, ornament or anything that is against the law
- Fold to the Red up
- Fold to the Blue up
- Make Sure that the red must hide
- Form a triangle and keep the star.
- Don't Put it on the Ground